Tuesday, December 8, 2009


Longwood Brewpub, Nanaimo, BC Canada

I’m told that this is the only Brew pub in Nanaimo. Let me know if I’m wrong. Any place that makes its own beer is usually pretty good on the burger side as well. I had the Longwood burger with bacon with a pretty good Longwood Ale, AKA Woodies Ale.

Everything was pretty good if not a bit average. This is a perfectly acceptable and typical burger. I’ll give it a 7/10. The burger here suffers from big bun small patty (in this case also overcooked) disease. And what’s up with the whole wheat bun? Let’s be clear, burgers are not supposed to be healthy. Dripping fat juices over your fingers, a clear sign of a great burger is not lean cuisine or heart healthy. This one didn’t drip enough. Can you tell I’m not ecstatic about the burger?

I asked for hot sauce for my fries and they brought me a homemade concoction which they use for their chicken wings. Now this stuff was really good. Thumbs up for making your own wing sauce. So now I obviously have to come back for some fat on a stick. I’m thinking of a hoppy India Pale Ale pairing.


I’m also told by the server that their best seller is the Fish & Chips. So I guess I’ll be back a couple more time. I’m thinking about the dark German wheat beer they brew in this case.


Check them out at: http://www.longwoodbrewpub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment