Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Splitz Grill Vancouver, BC Canada


I'm going to have to give Splitz Grill an absolute WOW. I've been meaning to try Splitz Grill for sometime now. This place is constantly being mentioned as one of Vancouver’s best. What the hell took me so long and I totally concur.


If you are looking at opening a burger joint take note. This place has thought this shit through. They do burgers, and a few other thinks like dogs, but generally burgers and they set up the place with that single objective in mind. From ordering to building the burger to seating it all screams casual burger joint. They use a backward Subway (the sandwich place) ordering system. Order your burger and extras like patty, cheese, bacon, fries and drinks then pay, then slide on over to the burger building area. Here instruct your burger artist (sorry I couldn’t resist) to build your burger your way with your choice of condiments.


Baba ganoush, are you kidding me, who has baba galosh as a condiment? How about one that serves a totally perfect local Salt Spring Island lamb burger. Along with the baba ganoush I added grilled onions, tomatoes pickles mayo. I got totally excited and missed the tzatziki. That would have gone great with the lamb. This burger came together with great flavour. Everything melted together perfectly. The lamb patty was pink perfection the grilled onions and eggplant added just the right amount of sweetness. This is a memorable burger a 10/10 for sure. I don’t think it gets any better then this. Maybe different but not better. Next time I might have to add some mustard and tzatziki, even a 10/10 can be improved upon.





I have to mention the fries, home cut, dark, crispy, glistening hot straight out of the fat and totally addictive. I couldn't stop eating them. In think I polished off three quarters of them before I even touched my burger.




You get the idea, I like this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment