Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dockside Grill, Sidney BC


The Dockside Grill is a little bistro in Sydney a bit out of town and out of the way but well worth the 3 minute effort from downtown to drive there. It has a great view of the marina, you are actually sitting right over the water, and more importantly it has a great burger.



The menu caught my eye: Fresh, Local Seasonal. Dockside supports local producers and they list them on there menu. Like. The emphasis on fresh local ingredients is a big deal to me when I eat out. It’s probably a bit more work then ordering from Sysco but then I think the quality and care translates to the plate



The Dockside burger was a pleasant surprise, easily 9/10.
This is a pure, simple burger. And simple can be outstanding. A flavourful patty, all the ingredients come together, nothing stands out, no specials sauce no fancy shmancy creativity just one of those, the sum is greater the parts type of great burgers.

I am usually not a fan of chibatta buns because if not super fresh in most cases the buns are hard and inedible.


Case in point the Gillnetter in POCO, I still have nightmares.

But here, no worries, perfectly fresh.


And since I mentioned a "bad chibatta burger" here's a good one you should check out at Molly’s Reach in Gibsons.




Fried Artichoke Appie

But I digress, back to the Dockside cafe,


So far the best Sydney burger I've had. Definitely check them out, a great location a great burger.




No comments:

Post a Comment