Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cactus Club, Coquitlam BC Canada Sliders


Cactus Club in Coquitlam for a casual dinner with family, the place is packed, 30 minutes for a table.



I feel like ordering a hamburger (sometimes that happens) but I don't want to order the Fennie Burger. Not that it’s a bad burger it’s actually pretty good. You can read my review here from the last visit.


It’s just not outstanding and I kind of feel a "been there done that" kinda thing. In case you are wondering a burger has to rate at least a 9/10 for me to get excited about repeat orders.


And that's a bit of a pet peeve for me for many of these chain restaurants, their menus become a bit stale at least on the burger side. They should consider having a monthly or seasonal burger, something different. It’s been almost a year since my last burger at Cactus Club and it’s the same old thing.


Change it up a little. Hey, it works for McDonalds.


So I ordered the burger sliders. Not bad, pretty good actually, 8/10. I find that sliders for the most part because they don't include all the usual accouterments that come with burgers are more about the flavour of the beef. More of a pure burger burger and here it works the beef really comes through and the sliders are quite pleasant.


But I won't be ordering them again. Ok, maybe I will if I’m with a group of people and we order a bunch of appies to share.


But please Cactus Club add some new burgers on the menu for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment